photo © 2005 paddy patterson | more info (via: Wylio)
1. At the young age of two he was recognized as the reincarnation of the 13th Dalai Lama. The Dalai Lama is considered both the spiritual leader and political head of Tibet.
2. He has tried for years to help Tibet become a Democratic state (notice he has not unleashed any major military offensives to achieve this).
3. He always speaks of love and peace, and when asked he describes himself as a simple Buddhist monk. The Dalai Lama also increasingly stresses the need for people of different faiths to be able to peacefully coexist on this planet. Imagine that.
4. His original name was Lham Dhondup. I think Dalai Lama was a trade up.
5. One of his hobbies is repairing watches. What would you repair as your form of meditation?
This is obviously just a small speck of what the Dalai Lama is all about. You could spend years learning about the ins and outs of Buddhism and his place in it all.
The Dalai Lama is a great man of wisdom and compassion. Any person who dedicates their existence to truth, love, and wisdom is worthy of a Nano Biography. Check out the Dalai Lama resources below to learn more. Now go sleep with a mosquito.
Dalai Lama Resources
10 Things You Didn't Know About The Dalai Lama
Books by Dalai Lama
Dalai Lama Audio Video
If you are looking for inspiration, subscribe to our free newsletter: click here.